March 26 – March 28, 2018
The NFL Strength & Conditioning Coaches Injury Resiliency Summit is the most important continuing education event of the year. Held off the strip in the exclusive Red Rock Resort in Las Vegas, this two-day educational summit brings together the world’s top experts in the field of injury prevention and recovery.
As one of the exclusive sponsors, you will have the opportunity to:
- Introduce your product to the most respected strength coaches in the world
- Network and build lasting rapport with head and assistant coaches who go on to have life-long careers in the performance training industry
- Network with other key suppliers to NFL Teams
Dosage Prescription Strategies for Off-Season, Pre-Season and In-Season Training Scenarios
Presented by: Derek M. Hansen
Derek is a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist that has been working with athletes in speed, strength and power sports since 1988. Over the course of his career, Derek has worked with some of the top performers in the world as a coach and a consultant – including Olympic medallists, world record holders, Canadian National team athletes, professional sports organizations and professional athletes from numerous sports.
In this presentation, Derek will cover the following topics in regards to training prescriptions:
- Identifying Constraints – time, athlete Compliance, injury history, practice, meeting and game demands
- Creating Opportunities – athlete adaptability, building relationships and collaborating with outside networks
- High Intensity Training Components – speed development, explosive power, elastic response and strength development
- Low Intensity Training Components – endurance in strength, aerobic, anaerobic and recovery
- Prioritizing Work – identifying appropriate proportions
- Long Term Planning Priorities – coordinating efforts on practice and education planning with the integration of valuable technology
Sport Injuries: Patterns, Trends & Current Thinking
Presented by: Dan Pfaff
Dan Pfaff is a world-renowned track and field coach who has trained national, world, and Olympic championship athletes. His impressive background includes directorships of international training centers, coaching staff development, Division I intercollegiate track and field as a head coach, as well as numerous assistant coaching and teaching positions.
During this presentation, you’ll learn how to utilize information from an athletic sprinting movement screen specifically designed for speed and quickness in athletes.
Key takeaways include:
- Become a better coach, athlete and/or practitioner
- Become a better consumer of sports medicine services
- Improve communication among athletes, coaches and performance service providers
- Improve understanding of kinesiological factors for wellness
- Improve work quality and capacities
- Reduce acute and chronic injury occurrences
- Reduce lost man hours and competition absences
- Improve coach/athlete reporting skills
Enhancing Injury Resilience & Performance in the Football Athlete: A Spine Perspective
Presented by: Stuart M. McGill, PhD and Brian Carroll
Stuart McGill, Professor Emeritus (Spine Biomechanics), authored of over 240 scientific journal papers and mentored over 40 graduate students during this scientific journey. As a consultant, he has provided expertise on low back injury to various government agencies, many corporations and legal firms and professional/international athletes and teams worldwide. He has directed the recovery of injured athletes to many championships and records.
Brian Carroll is a world-class powerlifter with over a decade of elite, world-class lifting under his belt. Coming back from a devastating back injury in 2009 that broke multiple bones and compiled with years of destructive mistreatment to his body, most experts said he would never recover. Nonetheless, Brian returned to the pinnacle of world-class lifting, while successfully becoming 100% pain and symptom-free. He is now dedicated to helping others avoid the same mistakes that he made through seminars, speaking engagements, courses and private and group coaching.
In this presentation, Dr. Stuart McGill and Brian Carroll will discuss:
- Stiffness and mobility: Essential role of core stability for distal athleticism
- Muscle pulsing for speed-strength athleticism
- Building training capacity with spine hygiene and programming
- Assessment: understand injury and pain mechanisms, tuning the body with individual program design
- Programming: Essential drills and progressions Hands-on Practical
- Assessment technique, pulse production, training technique
ACL Injury/Re-Injury Prevention: Why Monitoring Concentric/Eccentric Force Asymmetries Matters
Presented by: Matt Jordan, PhD, CSCS
Dr. Matt Jordan holds a PhD in Medical Science and a Masters in Exercise Physiology with a specialization in neuromuscular physiology. Matt’s PhD research focused on return to sport neuromuscular monitoring for athletes with ACL injury. Over his career, Matt was the personal strength coach to 30 World and Olympic medalists, and has worked with elite athletes in many sports.
In this presentation, Dr. Matt Jordan will provide a detailed overview on how to assess and monitor vertical jump concentric/eccentric force asymmetries for ACL injury and ACL re-injury prevention.
Key takeaways include:
- Identify neuromuscular deficits associated with ACL injuries that can’t be seen with the coaching eye alone
- Explore the relationship between vertical jump force asymmetries and ACL injuries
- Discuss strategies for implementing asymmetry monitoring in order to guide return to sport decision making and prevent ACL re-injury
- Present real-world case study examples employing vertical jump force asymmetry monitoring to identify neuromuscular deficits, prevent ACL injuries and optimize return to sport after ACL reconstruction
- Provide considerations for using vertical jump force asymmetry monitoring to improve training program design and training strategies to prevent ACL injuries
Monday, March 26
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM All coaches and presenters arrive & check-in
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Official Kickoff Cocktail Hour + Hor D’oeuvres
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Kickoff Lecture – Derek Hansen
8:00 PM Buffet Dinner
Tuesday, March 27
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Breakfast
8:00 AM – 9:15 AM Lecture – Dan Pfaff
9:15 AM – 9:30 AM Break
9:30 AM – 10:45 AM Hands On – Dan Pfaff
10:45 AM -11:30 AM Break – Networking with Vendors
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Lunch
12:30 PM – 1:45 PM Lecture – Stuart McGill & Brian Carroll
1:45 PM – 2:00 PM Break
2:00 PM – 3:15 PM Hands On – Stuart McGill & Brian Carroll
3:15 PM – 4:00 PM Networking with Vendors
4:00 PM – 7:30 PM Free Time
7:30 PM – 10:00 PM Dinner Banquet
Wednesday, March 28
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM Breakfast
8:00 AM – 9:15 AM Lecture – Matt Jordan
9:15 AM – 9:30 AM Break
9:30 AM – 10:45 AM Hands On – Matt Jordan
10:45 AM – 11:00 AM Break
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Q&A Round Table with all Presenters
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM Grab ’n Go Lunch
1:30 PM Conference Ends
Book Red Rock Hotel Rooms Online Here: https://aws.passkey.com/e/49592419
Or Call to Book Rooms: 866-767-7773
Group Code: RCIFOOT Group Name: PFSCCA
Limited partnerships for sponsorship are available. This association limits its strategic partners to a select number of companies that contribute intrinsic value to the development of football players and their Strength & Conditioning Coaches. Once your application is complete it will be reviewed and voted upon for approval.
- First, fill out the Sponsor Registration form.
- After we receive your registration form, a PFSCCA representative will reach out to confirm receipt of your application and payment, and determine your partnership program and strategy.