Strength & Conditioning Coaches
Educational Summit & Awards Banquet
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:00am – 4:00pm
Westin Indianapolis Hotel
In charge of building, rebuilding, and refining the bodies of the most elite athletes in the world, the strength and conditioning coaches of the NFL have the ability to impact the outcome of the season more than almost any other coach. Once a year—during the national Scouting Combine—the NFL’s fraternity of strength and conditioning coaches puts down their professional rivalries for a night of mutual recognition, respect, and celebration.
Held in the ballroom of the Westin Hotel in downtown Indianapolis, and catered by the legendary Shula’s Steakhouse, the NFL Strength & Conditioning Coaches Banquet is the annual awards gala recognizing the top performers in the field. The all-in-one night of celebration and recognition of what it takes to build legendary players and championship teams includes:
- Awards presented in three categories, including the NFL Champions Award, the Coach of the Year Award, and a Lifetime Achievement Award
- Educational presentations and inspirational speakers
- An abundance of top-shelf food
- Deep camaraderie where lifelong relationships are formed and networks are created
The NFL Strength & Conditioning Coaches Banquet – May the best coach win!
Educational Sessions sponsored by
Guest Speaker: Frans Bosch
Training, consultancy and publications in sports
- 1977 Bachelor Physical Education KALO Tilburg (Neth)
- Selected work
- 1997-2006 Coaching in athletics, elite sprinters and Olympic high jumpers, also National coach for the jumps
- 2005 – 2018 Lecturer at the Fontys University for applied science in sports (anatomy, motor learning, strength training)
Selected consultancies, courses conference presentations etc.
- 2010 – 2020 permanent consultant/specialist coach WRU Wales National Rugby Team
- 2014 – 2015 consultant Japan National Rugby Team
- consultancies: RFU (England National Rugby Team)/ EIS (English Institute of Sport) / Northampton Saints Rugby / Brisbane Broncos Rugby/ Brisbane Lions AFL/ Cleveland Browns NFL/ Adelaide Crows AFL/ Melbourne Storm Rugby/ Suntory Rugby / NNT Tokyo Rugby/ Sydney Swans ALF/ West Ham United EPL soccer/ ECB (England cricket) / San Antonio Spurs NBA / Charlotte Hornets NBA
- More than 60 presentations, courses and coaching clinics after 2013
- 2001 – 2005 “Running, biomechanics and exercise physiology applied in practice”, (Together with Ronald Klomp)
- ‘Strength training and coordination, an integrated approach’ is published in Dutch in 2012 and translated in English in 2015, in French and Korean in 2018, Japanese and Chinese planned for 2019
- 2016 – 2018 Series of scientific papers together with Bas van Hooren on training related topics (Hamstrings, Rate of Force development)
- ‘Anatomy of Agility, movement analysis in sport’, published in Dutch in 2019, English translation expected early 2020
Guest Speaker: John Pryor
MSci (Health Science) BAppSci (Human Movement) GAIN Faculty Member
As the director of the sport consultancy Fit3k, and the strength and conditioning coordinator for the Japan Rugby Union (2012-2015), John Pryor has earned international acclaim through the use of innovative training methodologies derived from a deep devotion to biomechanical, physiological and motor learning research.
Not one to rest on research alone, John has always tried to put any ideas into practise himself, and with his small group of “experimental athletes”. The methods that work then move forward to his serious teams.
A graduate of Southern Cross University with a Master of Health Science in biomechanics, Pryor has excelled at the highest levels of international rugby and has played a key role in the success of Japan’s National Team.
In no other circumstance was the importance of training specificity more readily apparent than in World Cup competition when Japan upset the Springboks of South Africa, as players, coaches and observers all credited the fitness of Japan’s National Team as central to its success. Japan’s victory is widely regarded as the greatest upset in the history of rugby, with Pryor developing a unique and highly specialized approach to rugby training in advance of the competition.
Before taking on his responsibilities with the Japan Rugby Union, John also worked as a strength and conditioning coach with the Australian Rugby Union. He has been full time at the Brumbies, the Waratahs and the Wallabies.
In Japan, John was also the Head of Athletic performance for Suntory Sungoliath with coach Eddie Jones. This period included multiple Japan and Top League championships and an unprecedented period of success.
Most recently, John has joined Fiji Rugby as the Head of Strength and Conditioning, preparing the team for the 2019 Rugby World Cup. John is a faculty member at GAIN, and is an accomplished and engaging international speaker.
The Westin Indianapolis
Twelve miles from the Indianapolis International Airport in the heart of downtown, the Westin Indianapolis welcomes you to our peaceful retreat infused with Midwestern hospitality.
We offer inspiring amenities, rejuvenating food and beverage outlets, and an essential location within the city. The enclosed skywalk connection to the Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium, will make it very convenient for your clients and attendees.
Spacious accommodations infused with modern décor foster an environment conducive for business meetings and special events. Shula’s Steak House and the No Name Lounge offer sophisticated dining experiences. With 39,000 square feet of event space, we can accommodate groups of every shape and size. And though we didn’t discover fresh air, we’re proud to offer it here through our Breath Westin® smoke-free hotel program.
Sponsors Are Saying…
Limited sponsorships for sponsorship are available. This association limits its strategic partners to a select number of companies that contribute intrinsic value to the development of football players and their Strength & Conditioning Coaches. Once your application is complete it will be reviewed and voted upon for approval.