Derek is a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist that has been working with athletes in speed, strength and power sports since 1988. Derek has worked with some of the top performers in the world as a coach and a consultant – including Olympic medallists, world record holders, Canadian National team athletes, professional sports organizations and professional athletes from numerous sports.
In this presentation, Derek will cover the following topics in regards to training prescriptions:
- Identifying Constraints – time, athlete Compliance, injury history, practice, meeting and game demands
- Creating Opportunities – athlete adaptability, building relationships and collaborating with outside networks
- High Intensity Training Components – speed development, explosive power, elastic response and strength development
- Low Intensity Training Components – endurance in strength, aerobic, anaerobic and recovery
- Prioritizing Work – identifying appropriate proportions
- Long Term Planning Priorities – coordinating efforts on practice and education planning with the integration of valuable technology
Interested in learning more?
Check out the FULL Injury Resiliency Educational Course!