Learn how to build injury resiliency with your athletes from the best in the world.
Are you up to date on the latest research for building injury resiliency in athletes? If not, you could be promoting injury, not reducing it. The Injury Resiliency course is designed from the presentations at the exclusive 2018 NFL Strength & Conditioning Coaches Injury Resiliency Summit. While the summit was invite only, you can now access the same information shared with the top NFL Strength & Conditioning coaches.
This course will arm you with the latest scientific evidence and best practices for reducing injury and accelerating performance in players of all skill levels. You’ll learn from top researchers and practitioners regarded as true leaders in the field. In partnership with the NSCA, you’ll earn 1.4 CEU’s and strengthen your skills as a fitness professional.
Dosage Prescription Strategies for Off-Season, Pre-Season and In-Season Training Scenarios
Presented by: Derek M. Hansen
Derek is a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist that has been working with athletes in speed, strength and power sports since 1988. Derek has worked with some of the top performers in the world as a coach and a consultant – including Olympic medallists, world record holders, Canadian National team athletes, professional sports organizations and professional athletes from numerous sports.
In this presentation, Derek will cover the following topics in regards to training prescriptions:
- Identifying Constraints – time, athlete Compliance, injury history, practice, meeting and game demands
- Creating Opportunities – athlete adaptability, building relationships and collaborating with outside networks
- High Intensity Training Components – speed development, explosive power, elastic response and strength development
- Low Intensity Training Components – endurance in strength, aerobic, anaerobic and recovery
- Prioritizing Work – identifying appropriate proportions
- Long Term Planning Priorities – coordinating efforts on practice and education planning with the integration of valuable technology
Sport Injuries: Patterns, Trends & Current Thinking
Presented by: Dan Pfaff
Dan Pfaff is a world-renowned track and field coach who has trained national, world, and Olympic championship athletes. His impressive background includes directorships of international training centers, coaching staff development, Division I intercollegiate track and field as a head coach, as well as numerous assistant coaching and teaching positions.
During this presentation, you’ll learn how to utilize information from an athletic sprinting movement screen specifically designed for speed and quickness in athletes.
Key takeaways include:
- Become a better coach, athlete and/or practitioner
- Become a better consumer of sports medicine services
- Improve communication among athletes, coaches and performance service providers
- Improve understanding of kinesiological factors for wellness
- Improve work quality and capacities
- Reduce acute and chronic injury occurrences
- Reduce lost man hours and competition absences
- Improve coach/athlete reporting skills
Enhancing Injury Resilience & Performance in the Football Athlete: A Spine Perspective
Presented by: Stuart M. McGill, PhD and Brian Carroll
Dr. Stuart McGill authored 240+ scientific journal papers and mentored over 40 graduate students during this scientific journey. As a consultant, he has provided expertise on low back injury to various government agencies, many corporations and legal firms and professional international athletes and teams worldwide. He has directed the recovery of injured athletes to many championships and records.
Brian Carroll is a world-class powerlifter with over a decade of elite, world-class lifting under his belt. Coming back from a devastating back injury in 2009 that broke multiple bones and compiled with years of destructive mistreatment to his body, most experts said he would never recover. Nonetheless, Brian returned to the pinnacle of world-class lifting, while successfully becoming 100% pain and symptom-free. He is now dedicated to helping others avoid the same mistakes that he made through seminars, speaking engagements, courses and private and group coaching.
In this presentation, Dr. Stuart McGill and Brian Carroll will discuss:
- Stiffness and mobility: Essential role of core stability for distal athleticism
- Muscle pulsing for speed-strength athleticism
- Building training capacity with spine hygiene and programming
- Assessment: understand injury and pain mechanisms, tuning the body with individual program design
- Programming: Essential drills and progressions Hands-on Practical
- Assessment technique, pulse production, training technique
ACL Injury/Re-Injury Prevention: Why Monitoring Concentric/Eccentric Force Asymmetries Matters
Presented by: Matt Jordan, PhD, CSCS
Dr. Matt Jordan holds a PhD in Medical Science and a Masters in Exercise Physiology with a specialization in neuromuscular physiology. Matt’s PhD research focused on return to sport neuromuscular monitoring for athletes with ACL injury. Over his career, Matt was the personal strength coach to 30 World and Olympic medalists.
In this presentation, Dr. Matt Jordan will provide a detailed overview on how to assess and monitor vertical jump concentric/eccentric force asymmetries for ACL injury and ACL re-injury prevention.
Key takeaways include:
- Identify neuromuscular deficits associated with ACL injuries that can’t be seen with the coaching eye alone
- Explore the relationship between vertical jump force asymmetries and ACL injuries
- Discuss strategies for implementing asymmetry monitoring in order to guide return to sport decision making and prevent ACL re-injury
- Present real-world case study examples employing vertical jump force asymmetry monitoring to identify neuromuscular deficits, prevent ACL injuries and optimize return to sport after ACL reconstruction
- Provide considerations for using vertical jump force asymmetry monitoring to improve training program design and training strategies to prevent ACL injuries
Post-Rehabilitation of ACL Injuries in Athletes
Presented by: Robert Panariello
Robert Panariello is a Founding Partner of both Professional Physical Therapy and the Professional Athletic Performance Center. Rob has more than 30 years of experience in the related fields of Sports Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, and the Performance Training of Athletes.
His experience includes the study of the Science of Strength and Conditioning of Weightlifters and various sport athletes in Bulgaria, the former Soviet Union, and former East Germany. He previously held the positions of Head Strength & Conditioning Coach at St. John’s University of New York (1986-1995), the World League of American Football NY/NJ Knights (1991), and the WUSA NY POWER Women’s Professional Soccer League (2001-2002). He continues to rehabilitate, athletic performance train, as well as serve as a consultant to many NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Collegiate and University teams, coaches, and players.
Rob has more than 60 peer-reviewed Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Research, Sports Physical Therapy Research, and Strength & Conditioning Journal articles and Book Chapter publications. He has also presented his research at the International World Confederation of Physical Therapy in Washington, D.C. He is nationally renowned and lectures throughout the country on the related fields of Sports Physical Therapy and the Performance Training of Athletes.
Rob received the prestigious National Strength & Conditioning Association’s President’s Award in 1998 and was elected to the USA Strength & Conditioning Hall of Fame in 2003.
This 4-part presentation discusses the impact of ACL injuries in professional athletes with an emphasis on the hamstrings, return-to-play testing protocols, the physical qualities of rehabilitation and athletic performance.
(available only with full course purchase)
Six Mental Toughness Hacks for Injured Athletes
Presented by: Dr. Rob Bell
Dr. Rob Bell is a Sport Psychology Coach who helps others build their Mental Toughness to perform their best when it matters the MOST! He has worked with Indy Eleven and University of Notre Dame. His extreme passion is helping others become the BEST at Getting BETTER! Mental Toughness won’t win you a championship. But, a lack of Mental Toughness will lose it for you.
Q&A Session w/ All Speakers
Join Bill Parisi in an exclusive Q&A Session with Derek Hansen, Dan Pfaff, Dr. Stuart McGill, Brian Carroll and Dr. Matt Jordan.
PURCHASE THE FULL COURSE
When you purchase the FULL Injury Resliency Course, you will not only gain access to exclusive bonus content, but be eligible for 1.4 NSCA CEUs by completing all of the course quizzes.